No Wallamba District Show in 2021
With the Show’s long tradition of running for 108 years this was a difficult decision to make. Rest assured it was taken with the health and wellbeing of the community being our primary concern.
Following numerous discussions with community members and meetings of the Wallamba District Show Committee and members, we have reluctantly come to the decision to not hold the 2021 Show.
Discussions were informed, having read all of the guidelines issued by NSW Health, including the newly released COVID-19 Safety Plan – Regional Agricultural Shows.
In light of the conditions the Committee was not confident that we could comply with the extensive health and safety protocols required to keep all parties safe.
The issues that caused the greatest amount of concern were;
- Controlling patrons into and through the Exhibits Hall, Produce Shed and Poultry Shed. This is due to the 4sqm rule still being enforced.
- Seating capacity in the Luncheon room reduced to 25% of normal.
- Uni-directional traffic flows throughout the buildings and grounds.
- Managing physical distancing for people waiting to enter or exit the gates and events in the grounds.
- Constant high levels of cleaning and sanitising required of all hard surfaces.
In hindsight, we were very fortunate to hold and enjoy our Wallamba District Show 2020. Other regional Shows sadly had theirs cancelled at the last minute and so are pushing ahead hard to deliver a Show in 2021. We wish them all the best.
Rest assured, the Wallamba District Show Committee and members will now focus on planning and delivering an even better event for the community on Saturday 19th March 2022.
Program of Events
Forms and Schedules
WDA&HA Membership Form
Join the Wallamba District Agriculture and Horticulture Association – Membership Form